dialogue 1
Jesska: We all admire your career success. You must be proud of yourself for achieving so much at work.
大家都非常敬佩你。工作上获得这么多收获,你肯定为自己感到非常骄傲吧.
Abble:Yes Im also proud of being the mother of two girls.
是的,我还为自己身为两个女生的妈妈而感到骄傲。
J: I didnt know you are a mother of two. How do you strikc a balance between work and family?
我不了解你有两个女儿.你是如何平衡工作和家庭的?

A: Well, my husband shares a lot of the houswork and childcare responsibilities so I can focus more on my career
我的老公帮我分担了不少家务,帮我照顾孩子,如此我就能有更多精力放在工作
J: Thats good. Do you find enough timc to be with the kids?
挺好的。你有足够的时间陪孩子吗?
A: Not really, sometimes my kids complain about my being around so little. So no matter how
busy I am everyday I will set aside some time to be with them.
没,有时我的孩子也会抱怨我陪她们的时间太少了.斫以不管我天天有多忙,我都会抽出时间来和她们待一会.
J: Do they understand your situation?
那她们理解你的难处吗?
A: Yes. they all show much understanding of my work. lf I happcn to be too busy to hclp them with their homcwork one day or anothcr, theyII ask my husband instead.
理解,她们都对我的工作表示理解.假如哪天我非常忙没空帮她们辅导作业,她们会找我老公帮忙.
J: Ob, its incredible that you can still help the kids witb their studics after a whole days stressful work
劳累了一天,你居然还能帮孩子们做作业,太不可思议了。
A: Yeah. I m tirtd after work| But when I see the kids shining smile, all the prcssure and trouble at work goes away
是啊,下班之后我挺累的,但一看到孩子们灿烂的笑容,工作上的重压和烦恼就都不见了.
dialogue 2
J: hey, hows your one year old?
你那一岁的孩子如何了?
A: shes great, thanks!
挺好的,谢谢.
J: thats good. Since everything is fine, have you considered going out to work?
好,既然所有都挺顺利,你想没想过出来工作?
A: yeah, Ive spent a whole month hunting a job, but many companies just turn me down.
想过啊,我找了一个月的工作了,但不少公司都拒绝我了.
J: maybe theyre worrying that a new mother may not concentrate totally on her work.
或许他们是担忧你刚当了母亲,不可以全身心投入到工作中.
A: yeah, I think so. To tell you the truth, Im also worrying about this.
没错,说实话,我一个人也挺担忧这一点的.
J: yeah, being a working mother is more challenging than being a stay|at|home mom. Theres a lot more to deal with at the workplace.
是啊,做一个职场妈妈可比专心在家带孩子难多了,工作中有更多的事情需要处置.
A: sometimes when I imagine leaving my baby with the nanny, Im not feeling comfortable.
有时我一想到要把孩子留给保姆,就感觉不舒服.
J: then if it really happens, you may find yourself upset and stressful at work.
那假如你真的出去工作的话,上班的时候你或许会感觉非常不安,非常有重压.
A: youre right. Im not so good at dealing with stress. So Im not sure whether I can handle it or not.
你说的对.我不太善于应付重压,我也不了解能否应付得了.
J: perhaps its a little early for you to start working. You may wait till the kid grows up.
或许目前出去工作有一点早,你可以等孩子长大一些再考虑.
A: good idea. Ill consider going back to work when the kid enters kindergarten.
好主意,我得想想是否等孩子上了婴幼儿园再出去上班.
J: by then, youll be fully prepared to re|start your career
等孩子上了婴幼儿园,你就该筹备好重新在职场打拼了.
A: thanks you for your advice.
谢谢你的建议.



