You promised, he objected.“你保证过的。”他反对道。
I know.“我了解。”
What's the problem?“这有哪些问题吗?”
I knew he thought it was mere embarrassment holding me back. I think it will make you mad or sad.我了解,他觉得是尴尬让我退缩的。“我猜这必然会叫你发疯的——或者悲伤。”
His brows pulled together over his eyes as he thought that through. I still want to know. Please?当他思索着这个想法的时候,他的额头皱在了一块。“我还是想要了解。求你了?”
I sighed. He waited.我叹了口气。他等待着。
Well… I assumed it was some kind of… occasion. But I didn't think it would be some trite human thing… prom! I scoffed.“嗯……我假定这是某种……场所。但我不觉得那是某种平庸的人类活动……舞会!”嘲弄道。
Human? he asked flatly. He'd picked up on the key word.“人类?”他冷淡地问道。他抓住了关键字。
I looked down at my dress, fidgeting with a stray piece of chiffon. He waited in silence.我低下头看着我们的裙子,烦躁不安地抓起一片迷失方向的薄纱。他沉默地等待着。
Okay, I confessed in a rush. So I was hoping that you might have changed your mind… that you were going to change me, after all.“好吧。”我一吐为快。“我期望你或许已经改移情别恋意了……你终于计划转变我了。”
A dozen emotions played across his face. Some I recognized: anger… pain… and then he seemed to collect himself and his expression became amused.很多情绪在他脸上一闪而过。有的我能辨认出来:愤怒……痛苦……然后他好像控制住了自己,然后他的表情变得有趣起来。
英语故事相关



