Oh, they already know everything. They'd taken bets yesterday, you know — he smiled,“哦,他们早就都了解了。他们昨天还在打赌,你了解”——他微笑着,
but his voice was harsh — on whether I'd bring you back, though why anyone would bet against Alice, I can't imagine.但他的声音有的生涩——“打赌我是否会带你回来。不过,我想不出有哪个敢跟爱丽丝打赌。
At any rate, we don't have secrets in the family. It's not really feasible, what with my mind reading and Alice seeing the future and all that.无论怎么样,大家家是没什么秘密的。这确实不太可能,由于我能读心,而爱丽丝能看见将来的所有事情。”
And Jasper making you feel all warm and fuzzy about spilling your guts, don't forget that.“而贾斯帕会叫你感觉到温暖,无声无息地说出了心里话,别忘了这一点。”
You paid attention, he smiled approvingly.“你注意到了。”他赞许地笑了起来。
I've been known to do that every now and then. I grimaced. So did Alice see me coming?“我早就时不时地获悉了这一点。”我咧嘴一笑。“所以爱丽丝看到我来了?”
His reaction was strange. Something like that, he said uncomfortably, turning away so I couldn't see his eyes. I stared at him curiously.他的反应非常奇怪。“像这种事情。”他非常不自在地说道,扭头看向别处,如此我就看不到他的双眼了。我好奇地盯着他看。
Is that any good? he asked, turning back to me abruptly and eyeing my breakfast with a teasing look on his face.“这是什么好东西吗?”他问道,忽然回过头来看着我,脸上露出揶揄的神情看着我的食物。
Honestly, it doesn't look very appetizing.“老实说,这看起来叫人非常不开胃。”
Well, it's no irritable grizzly… I murmured, ignoring him when he glowered.“好吧,这里可没什么暴躁的灰熊……”我喃喃自语着,无视他的怒目而视。
I was still wondering why he responded that way when I mentioned Alice. I hurried through my cereal, speculating.我还是想了解,为何当我提到爱丽丝的时候,他会是那种反应。我扒拉着我的麦片,思索着。
He stood in the middle of the kitchen, the statue of Adonis again, staring abstractedly out the back windows.他站在厨房的中间,又变成了一尊阿多尼斯的雕像,心神不定地向后窗外看去。
Then his eyes were back on me, and he smiled his heartbreaking smile.然后他回过头来看着我,露出了一抹让人心碎的微笑。
And you should introduce me to your father, too, I think.“我想,你也应该向你爸爸正式介绍我。”
He already knows you, I reminded him.“他已经认识你了。”我提醒他。
As your boyfriend, I mean.“我是指,作为你的男友。”
I stared at him with suspicion. Why?我怀疑地盯着他。“为何?”
Isn't that customary? he asked innocently.“这不是风俗吗?”他一脸无辜地问道。
英语故事相关



